The opening hours of the shrine may be affected by stormy weather during Hong Kong’s tropical cyclone, or typhoon, season – which generally lasts from June to October – and the rainy season, from April to September. Schools, offices and public buildings close with the raising of the No. 8 tropical cyclone signal or above, and people are advised to seek shelter indoors. There are three classes of rainstorm alert, Amber, Red and Black, with the latter forcing the closure of offices and buildings.
In the event of a Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or a Black Rainstorm Warning:
- The shrine will close immediately, and visitors should proceed with care back to their homes or hotels.
- If the warning signal is cancelled before 12pm, the shrine will open two hours after the lifting of the signal.
- If the warning signal is cancelled after 12pm, the shrine will remain closed for the rest of the day.
In the event of an Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning, or heavy rain:
- The shrine will remain open unless we determine that conditions constitute a danger to the public or could damage the shrine.
- The shrine is outdoors with no cover from the elements. Visitors are welcome to shelter in the lobby of the adjacent office building in case of sudden rain.
- Those planning to visit during adverse weather are advised to call us on +852 2588 9341 before setting out.