We look forward to welcoming you at the Hong Kong Brahma Shrine. Please be mindful that this is a place of worship, and we endeavour to make it comfortable for the devout coming to pray and sightseers alike. Thus, we ask all visitors to adhere to the following rules and regulations:
- Please keep noise to a minimum. Speak in hushed tones and put mobile phones on silent. Take care not to disturb others.
- Dress with propriety. Refrain from wearing skimpy or revealing clothing.
- Photography is allowed for personal use, but please do so unobtrusively and respect the privacy of worshippers.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed. Meat, seafood, cigarettes, alcohol and illegal substances must not be brought into the shrine.
- Please do not litter.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult within the premises of the shrine, and children under the age of 12 should be supervised at all times.
- Pets and other animals are prohibited, with the exception of assistance animals such as guide dogs.
- Visitors should not enter the pavilion nor touch the deity. Touching the other statues, religious artefacts and plants within the shrine is also prohibited.
- Please do not tip staff.
- Wait your turn to pray if other worshippers are present. Follow the guidelines on How to Pray.
- Worshippers should not place garlands within the pavilion or on the deity.
- For your safety and that of other visitors, take care when handling lighted joss sticks.
- Media and other organisations, schools and groups of 14 or more must seek written approval before visiting the shrine. Please download and submit an application form seven days before the intended visit.
- Media photography and interviews are not permitted without the prior written permission of the Foundation.
- No lockers are available to store valuables or personal property. Keep your belongings safely with you at all times.
- We reserve the right to deny any person access to the shrine, or to require any person to leave immediately for failure to comply with any of the rules, or for unsafe, illegal or offensive behaviour, or to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require in our absolute discretion.
- We are not responsible and do not assume any liability for any injury sustained by visitors or caused by visitors, or any damage to or loss of the property or belongings of visitors. Visitors agree to assume their own responsibility in respect of any damage to or loss of their properties or for any injury sustained.
- We may from time to time, without prior notice, modify these rules, change the opening hours, restrict the number of visitors, and cancel any ceremonies or performances or apply any conditions on access to the shrine if we consider that the circumstances so require in our own absolute discretion.
These rules are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. For the purposes of these rules, “we” means Hong Kong Brahma Management Services Foundation. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the language versions of these rules, the English version shall prevail.
If you have any questions ahead of your visit, please call us on +852 2588 9341 or email email@example.com. Shrine staff will be happy to assist you during your visit.